RYA Coastal Skipper Course From: €990,00
The RYA Coastal Skipper with ionianMode in Greece is a great course to follow up with after the RYA Day Skipper course and pave the way for the MCA/ RYA examination
The RYA Coastal Skipper course is the ideal practical course to follow the RYA Day Skipper. It is also considered the stepping stone to an MCA / RYA examination.
An already qualified and experienced sailor will get the confidence to undertake longer and more difficult passages, as this course is designed by aiming exactly on this.
To gain the confidence you need for coastal and offshore passages your instructor will guide you through practical exercises and chart work to improve your boat handling, your navigation, and leadership skills.
The Weekly Schedule
- The tuition yachts are ready for accommodation by Sunday midday.
- On day one you will join the yacht and you will meet the rest of the crew and your instructor. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed and briefed by your instructor about the basics regards the yacht and the surroundings. Once everyone has arrived we will have the chance to discuss the course and the plan for the week.
- The Day Skipper and the Coastal Skipper candidates will have the chance to revise the theory and the competent crew candidates to familiarise themselves with the yacht and her equipment.
- The course starts on Monday morning from our base in Lefkas (Sivota Bay) and finishes on Friday afternoon. We have a fun morning on Saturday and around noon we return in our base.
- During your training, you will sail a minimum distance of 100NM around the islands of the Ionian and you will visit the most interesting and beautiful ports of the area.
- On our daily routine, we will have lunch and swim stops in one of the most idyllic bays of the Ionian islands and we will spend the night in a different destination at a time, where you will have the chance to explore the local culture and cuisine of Lefkada, Kefalonia, and Ithaca.
- The yachts for Private Tuition are ready for accommodation by Sunday midday, the course starts on Monday and finishes on Saturday at noon back in our base.
- By Sunday 09.00 we will have to leave the yachts for our base crew to get her ready for the next group.
About the Course
You will prepare more complex passage plans and pilotage and you will navigate with limited visibility. You will learn how to prepare and handle heavy weather and you will expand your meteorology knowledge.
By the end of the course, you will have gained experience and built up confidence to undertake coastal and offshore passages which are more demanding.
|5 days training + 1 extra day on board
|Minimum Recommended Age
|Students – Instructor Ratio
|After the Course Experience
|Certificate Granted ( upon succesful completion )
|RYA Coastal Skipper
|Price for individuals *
|Price for private tuition **
INDIVIDUALS Join our tuition yacht together with other students and learn how to sail in the Ionian combing training with holidays. You will share the yacht with maximum another 4 students plus the instructor . Provisions for breakfast and lunch as well all the expenses of the yacht are included in the price. Accommodation may be shared and saloon berths may be used.
PRIVATE TUITION For small groups of friends and families who want to learn how to sail together the option of a private tuition is ideal as you won’t share the yacht with someone else except your instructor. Charter a coded vessel from our fleet considering a cabin for your instructor and combine training with holidays. (fuel, provisions, the cost of the instructor’s meals and mooring fees are not included in the price)
Training by certified & experienced RYA instructors
Reeds Skipper Handbook
Provisions for meals on board
Fuel, gas, water
Bed linen & towels
Course material included
- WiFi unlimited internet (speed depending on mobile signal quality)
What’s not included
Cost of drinks & meals ashore
Cost of transfers and flights to/from our base
Ideal for those who want to improve their skippering skills
Ideal for those who want to prepare themselves for professional qualifications
Student – instructor ratio 5 /1
Focus on boat handling techniques
Focus on preparation for demanding passages
Adverse weather training
Improvement of skippering skills at night
Minimum of 100 N.M
Minimum of 6 Ionian destinations
Improvement of navigation, pilotage, passage planning, skippering skills
You will need to bring a passport sized photo