RYA VHF Marine Radio Course with ionianMode in Greece
About the RYA VHF Course
- The RYA VHF course is a one-day shore-based course followed by an assessment that takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Participating in our VHF course ( including GMDSS ) requires some pre-course studying from your side. Once you book your place on the course we will send you the VHF RADIO ( including GMDSS ) Course Handbook G31 to read. This pre-course reading ( approx 3 hours ) is vital as there is no time during the day to teach the essential theory to enable you to understand the practical aspects of the course.
- The classroom RYA VHF course and assessment start at 09.00 and will end at approximately 18.00.
- At the end of the course, you will receive an RYA SRC Certificate of classroom course completion which allows you to participate in the exams.
- The assessment will take about 1 hour during which you will be tested on your home study and course content.
About the License
This course is ideal for skippers and crews of sailing yachts who want to hold an SRC radio operator’s license, to operate a short-range marine VHF radio with DSC ( Digital Selective Calling ). The SRC Radio operator’s license is a legal requirement for marine VHF users throughout the world and also one of the requirements for participating in RYA/ MCA Yachtmaster practical exams.
This course will be held in our classroom In Sivota Lefkada. Our classroom is fully equipped with all the necessary materials and equipment to familiarise yourself with the operation of VHFs and emergency communication equipment.
We have a maximum of 6 students on this course ensuring that each student gets the maximum possible attention.
|Pre-course reading of the VHF Radio ( including GMDSS ) Course Handbook ( G31 )
( approx. 3 hours )
|Prerequisites in order to participate in the exams
|1 day ( 09.00 – 18. 00 ) + 3 hours home study
|Minimum recommended Age
*under 16s may attend the course but cannot issued with a license
|Students – Instructor ratio
|After the Course Experience
|Authority to operate a short-range marine VHF radio with DSC ( Digital Selective Calling ) on a vessel
( upon successful completion )
|GMDSS SHORT RANGE
Marine Radio Operator certificate of competence
|70 £ ( license fee payable to the RYA)
- RYA VHF Handbook ( G31 )
- Tea/coffee / snacks
- SRC assessment
- The SRC certificate is a legal requirement to operate an SR marine radio worldwide
- You will need to bring a passport-sized photo
- The SRC certificate is a requirement for Yachtmaster practical exams
- Ideal for skippers and crews