RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Coastal Theory & Preparation
A well-suited mix of theory and practical syllabus to prepare experienced skippers for the Yachtmaster Coastal Exams.
This combination of theory and practical courses is aiming to prepare experienced skippers for the Yachtmaster Coastal exams.
The duration of the theory course is 6 days ( 09.00 to 18.00 ) and it will be held at our Lygia classroom in Lefkada, followed by a 5 days practical preparation and the exams the duration of which is 1 to 2 days depending on the number of candidates.
|Total Duration||14 Days|
|Extra costs||£193 exam fee payable to the RYA|
- INDIVIDUALS Join our tuition yacht together with other students and learn how to sail in the Ionian combining training with holidays. You will share the yacht with maximum another 4 students plus the instructor. Provisions for breakfast and lunch as well all the expenses of the yacht are included in the price. Accommodation may be shared and saloon berths may be used.
- PRIVATE TUITION For small groups of friends and families who want to learn how to sail together the option of a private tuition is ideal as you won’t share the yacht with someone else except your instructor. Charter a coded vessel from our fleet considering a cabin for your instructor and combine training with holidays. ( fuel, provisions, the cost of the instructor’s meals and mooring fees are not included in the price )
|Dates||13 – 26 February 2023||6 – 19 March 2023||3 – 16 April 2023|
The courses in detail and Pre-requisites in order to participate
RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore theory ( classroom )
The RYA Yachtmaster Coastal / Offshore theory course is a shore based course. This course is an advanced navigation course for experienced skippers who want to expland the knowledge gained during the RYA Day skipper theory course. This course will equip you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques. This course incudes lots of advanced navagation, advanced meteorology, regulations, advanced chartwork, passage planning as well pilotage.
Our classroom is fully equipped with all the necessary course materials and essential parts and equipment of a yacht where you will be able to familiarize your self with the safety and communication equipment of a yacht.
MCA / RYA Yachtmaster Coastal ( PREPARATION AND EXAM )
The holders of MCA / RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate with commercial endoresement can skipper a commercial yacht <200 GT up to 60 miles from safe heaven day or night.
The MCA / RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate is a great achivement for those who want to start a career in yachting as well for recrational sailors who want to expand their knowledge and improve their skippering skills.
The duration of the preparation is 5 days followed by a 1 to 2 days exam depending on the number of canditdates. The 5 days preparation is quite intense and is conducted by experienced Yachtmaster instructors to already experienced sailors with deep knowledge of theory. During the preparation your instructor will coach you accordingly in order to fill any gaps and improve any weaknesses of yours.
The duration of the exam is 6 to 10 hours per candidate, in which you will have to demonstrate a wide bredth of existing knowledge and skippering skills.
The holders of a MCA / RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate who want to start a career in yachting can attempt a Yachtmaster offshore exam. A Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate holder is competent to skipper a yacht <200 gt on passages up to 150 miles from safe heaven day and night.
- Services of experienced RYA instructors
- Yachtmaster theory notes
- All course materials available
- Coffee / tea / snacks during the theory course
- Accommodation on the training yacht throughout the practical course (and theory dependent on availability)
- Provisions for meals onboard thoughout the practical preperation
- Fuel, gas, water, mooring fees
- Bed linen, towels
What’s not included
- Cost of meals during the theory course
- Cost of drinks and meals ashore during the practical preperation
- Cost of transfers and flights to / from our base
- Combination of theory and practical course
- Advanced navigation and meteorology theory
- Ideal for those who want to start a career as professional skippers
- Ideal for recreational sailors who want to expand their knowledge and improve their skippering skills