This combination of theory and practical courses is aiming to train beginners in order to be able to skipper a yacht safely with confidence in familiar waters by day.
The duration of the theory course is 5 days ( 09.00 to 17.00 ), held at our Lygia classroom in Lefkada, followed by a 6 days practical course sailing around the Ionian islands.
It is the perfect way for those who want to combine training with holidays in a place like the Ionian.
During your theory course daily you will have time to explore the island of Lefkada and during your practical course you will have the chance to visit at least 6 different destinations of the Ionian.
Our classroom is fully equipped with all the necessary course materials and essential parts and equipment of a yacht where you will be able to familiarise yourself with the safety and emergency equipment of a yacht.
|Price for individuals *|
( theory + practical )
Plus 490€ for single cabin use
|Price for private tuition depends on number of students (add 600€ per person to this pricing) **|
- INDIVIDUALS Join our tuition yacht together with other students and learn how to sail in the Ionian combing training with holidays. You will share the yacht with maximum another 4 students plus the instructor . Provisions for breakfast and lunch as well all the expenses of the yacht are included in the price. Accommodation may be shared and saloon berths may be used.
- PRIVATE TUITION For small groups of friends and families who want to learn how to sail together the option of a private tuition is ideal as you won’t share the yacht with someone else except your instructor. Charter a coded vessel from our fleet considering a cabin for your instructor and combine training with holidays. ( fuel, provisions, the cost of the instructor’s meals and mooring fees are not included in the price )
- Services of experienced RYA instructors
- RYA Day skipper theory notes
- All course materials available
- Coffee / tea / snacks during the theory course
- Provisions breakfast / lunch throughout the practical course
- Fuel, gas, water, mooring fees
- Bed linen, towels
What’s not included
- Cost of meals during the theory course
- Cost of drinks and meals ashore during the practical course
- Cost of transfers and flights to / from our base
- Combination of theory and practical course
- Navigation and meteorology theory
- Ideal for those who want to be qualified as skippers
- Ideal for recreational sailors who want to be able to charter a yacht for holidays
- The holders of a RYA Day skipper certificate can apply for an ICC ( international certificate of competence )