About the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course
The Day Skipper theory course is shore-based. This course will equip you with essential knowledge to prepare yourself for the Day Skipper practical course. This course includes lots of navigation, meteorology, collision regulations, and safety procedures.
Our enthusiastic instructors will guide and coach you to gain the necessary experience in chart work and navigation.
Our classroom is fully equipped with all the necessary course materials and essential parts and equipment of a yacht where you will be able to familiarize yourself with the safety and communication equipment of a yacht.
By the end of the course, you will have the essential knowledge to participate in a Day Skipper practical course where you will transfer everything you have learned on the theory course into practice.
- The duration of the course is 5 days ( 09.00 to 18.00 ) with breaks for coffee – tea and snacks which are provided by our school.
- This course is held in our classroom in Sivota Lefkas.
- We have a maximum of 6 students on this course ensuring that each student gets the maximum possible attention from the instructor.
- The course is taught over 5 days with two paper exam papers at the end of the course.
|Some practical experience is desirable
|Candidates – Instructor Ratio
|5 days ( 09.00 to 18.00 )
|After the Course Experience
|Ability to navigate in familiar waters by day
|Certificate Granted ( upon successful completion )
|RYA Day Skipper theory Certificate
- Teaching experienced RYA instructor
- RYA Day Skipper theory notes
- All course materials available
- Coffee/tea / snacks
What’s not included
- Ideal for those who want to attend the Day Skipper practical course
- Ideal for beginners in navigation and pilotage
- Shorebased course