The RYA Powerboat L2 practical course provides the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver. It is the ideal course for beginners and for those who want to expand their knowledge and improve their skills.
The duration of the course is two days, in which you will be trained by one of our Powerboat instructors on practical tasks and navigation. The course is conducted in our classroom and on our training boat in the port of Lygia and in the surrounded area. It is expected to visit other ports where we usually practice boat handling before and after lunch. The day starts at 09.00 and usually, we are back to our base by 17.00. Your instructor will be one of our RYA qualified Powerboat instructors, they will brief you about the course at the beginning of the first day and they will make sure that the whole procedure will be pleasantly conducted in a friendly environment. There is no final assessment on this course, the RYA Powerboat level 2 course is assessed continuously throughout the two days.
The RYA Powerboat Certificate Level 2 is accepted by most authorities worldwide. RYA Powerboat Level 2 holders can apply for an ICC ( International Certificate of Competence ) without any further exams.
|Assumed Knowledge||None. Recommended: RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship|
|Duration||2 days ( 09.00 – 17.00 )|
|Minimum Recommended Age||16|
|Students – Instructor Ratio||3:1 maximum|
|After the course Experience||
- Training by certified & experienced RYA Powerboat instructors
- Use of the training powerboat
- Use of inflatable lifejackets
- Fuel, Mooring fees
- Available course material
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
- Soft Drinks & Water ( classroom & boat )
- V.A.T at the appropriate rate
What’s not included
- Cost of drinks & meals in places we visit
- Transfers and flights to/from our base
What to bring with you
- Suitable clothing gloves
- Sun protection cream
- Wellies/shoes that might get wet
- Passport size photo ( for the certificate )